Test and qualification engineer, infrared and radiation detection systems.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Space or Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
- Experience in test and characterization of electronic systems
- Knowledge of ECSS and other standards used in space activities
- Experience in qualification of electronic systems for use in space will be an advantage
- Understanding of the space radiation environment will be an advantage
- Experience in designing electronic or electro-optical systems will be an advantage
Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of a Scandinavian language or other major European language is an advantage but is not required.
IDEAS is developing the next generation integrated readout for infrared focal plane arrays to be used in earth observation and integrated radiation monitors for satellites. You will be leading the test and qualification work of these devices including:
- Test planning
- Test system specification and development.
- Execution of tests, in our own lab but also at external facilities for radiation tests of electronics.
- Analysis, presentation and reporting of test results in meetings and in reports.
IDEAS is a privately held, R&D-driven, semiconductor company, based in Oslo, Norway. The company designs read-out electronics for imaging systems and instruments for terrestrial and space applications. IDEAS works with scientific organizations and business partners to innovate and create new products for applications in science and industry. The IDEAS team consists of electronics engineers and physicists with more than 25 years in business. Our international, multidisciplinary engineering team covers everything from concept to manufacturing outsourcing. IDEAS’s products are used in medical imaging, industrial scanning, nuclear science, astrophysics and earth observation. We are one of a few companies in Norway developing integrated circuits specifically for applications in space, and our products are used on missions by all the major space agencies worldwide including NASA, ESA, JAXA, ISRO and the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
What we offer
We offer fulltime, permanent employment, additional health insurance, and an informal, international working environment with varied tasks, room for professional development and a large degree of personal responsibility. We are located in Oslo (Nydalen), Norway.
Contact: Anja Kohfeldt, email@example.com