How to acquire electric charge from thousands of micro-strips in a double sided strip detector (DSSD)? An answer was presented at the INSTR-17 conference by Khabarov et al. for the central tracker in the BM@N experiment [REF1]. They used 80 chips of the type VATAGP7.1 ASIC to read out a total of 10240 strips DSSD.
In the year 2016 the IDEAS team has worked on new ASICs for the readout of radiation detectors and imaging sensors:
- IDE3380 – SiPM array readout ASIC, SIPHRA, (more)
- IDE8410 – Image sensor readout controller, NIRCA, (Proc. SPIE DSS 2016)
- IDE3466 – Space radiation monitor readout for ESA JUICE RADEM, (Proc. SPIE Astro. 2016)
- IDE1163 – GEM readout, gas electron multipliers, for BM@N
- VATAGP9 – Silicon strip readout, 256 channels, for AEGIS at CERN