You will work in an international team of microelectronics engineers where you will play an important role in the design of new 3D sequential integrated circuits. You will be employed by the company Integrated Detector Electronics AS (IDEAS) in Oslo and enroll with the Ph.D. program at the University of Oslo. State-of-the art integrated circuits (ICs) have reached certain limits per area. The project will spearhead the design of a new type of 3-dimensional (3D) stacked ICs with the goal to increase the intelligence and to reduce cost pear area for future electronic devices. The project exploits new 3D-stacked IC design and manufacture, known as 3D sequential integration. Under the leadership of the University of Oslo the project brings together IC designers from academia, industry and a large European semiconductor manufacturer. The detailed IC design requirements will be developed within the project and will be guided by commercial needs for image sensors.
- Master’s degree (M.Sc.) in microelectronics engineering.
- Strong interest in micro/nano electronics research.
- Great interest in pursuing commercial opportunities based on applied research.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to learn, to present and publish results.
- M.Sc. or similar degree in microelectronics engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in mixed-signal CMOS design.
- Skills in EDA ASIC design and verification tools usage.
- Programming skills with languages like TCL, Python or Perl is an advantage.
- Knowledge of full-custom design with Cadence EDA is an advantage.
- Linux knowledge is an advantage.
The candidate must have EU/EEA citizenship, and must comply with the formal requirements to enroll in the Ph.D. program at the University of Oslo. The requirements include, but are not limited to, at least B average on the Master’s level and the Master’s thesis. As part of the program, the candidate will also be required to complete academic training amounting to a total of 30 credits. The assignment is for 3-years duration, after which the candidate is expected to obtain the Ph.D. degree.
Oslo, Norway. The candidate will have office space at both IDEAS and the University of Oslo.
- Application letter, and CV (summarizing education, professional work).
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation.
- Documentation of English proficiency.
- 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, email and telephone number).
Contact email: Dirk.Meier-at-ideas.no