Ph.D. position in 3D sequential IC design for image sensors
We are looking for a Ph.D. candidate to work on 3D sequential integrated circuit (IC) design for image sensors.
You will work in an international team of microelectronics engineers, scientists and business developers, where you will play an important role in advancing cutting-edge research in the semiconductor industry. You will be employed by the company Integrated Detector Electronics AS (IDEAS) in Oslo and enroll with the Ph.D. program at the University of Oslo or in Trondheim (NTNU). The project will spearhead the design of a new type of 3-dimensional (3D) stacked integrated circuits (IC) with the goal to increase the on-chip intelligence and to reduce cost pear area for future electronic devices. The project exploits a new 3D-stacked IC design and manufacturing method, known as 3D sequential integration. Under the leadership of the University of Oslo the project brings together IC designers from academia, industry and a large European semiconductor manufacturer. The detailed IC design requirements will be developed within the project and will be guided by commercial needs for image sensors.
We are looking for a Ph.D. candidate with
- Master’s degree (M.Sc.) in microelectronics engineering.
- Strong interest in micro/nano electronics research.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to learn, to present and publish results.
- Experience in designing mixed-signal CMOS (ideally silicon-proven designs).
- User skills in EDA ASIC design and verification tools (e.g. Cadence/Virtuoso, Mentor/Calibre, Synopsys/HSPICE).
The application must include
- Application letter, and CV (summarizing education, professional work).
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation.
- Documentation of English proficiency.
- 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, email and telephone number).
Contact email: Dirk.Meier-at-ideas.no